Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 9

If you don't know already, I've set a goal to write 200 quality words, for 21 days.
Oooohhhh.... Day 9.

After thinking about it for some time, I realized that I actually can afford to love, just not as a long term relationship. My love is like a jar of red vines. There may be a lot, and it may be awesome, but eventually that jar and lid is nothing more than a child’s medieval helmet and shield.
What do I really want? I like handholding, the hugging, the hanging out, the doing things, the laughing, the feeling of knowing someone special knows I’m special too. Isn’t life weird like that? Why does God put these strange, impractical desires in us?
Yes, we men live to have what I call “physical emotions”. Males still have emotions…I suppose. But, really, the actual touching part is what most men thrive on. Punching equals anger. Or friendship. Our physical words are subtle and confusing. Beware, she who attempts to decipher the secret code! Don’t worry, most of us don’t even try to figure out the opposite gender anyways.
Anyhow, maybe those ads that are ever present on my facebook, or almost anywhere I go, can assist me on this quest. But it is important to remember the number one rule: never hook up with someone you met online.

No comments: