Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the gods amongst us

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_re_as/as_nepal_living_goddess

"I feel a bit sad, but since my child has become a living goddess I feel proud," said her father Pratap Man Shakya.

Well, now, how do you feel about your daughter spending the night with decapitated goat heads?

Personally, I think that, beyond obvious reasons, this is disturbing. What if she's the anti-god?

and in other news:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081003/od_nm/us_ignobels;_ylt=AiPoHl6fvRY.dhPF7NkLwZ3tiBIF

now i know why it hurts so much when i spill coke in certain areas.
as for the chips part, didn't you already know that?

1 comment:

Cree said...

Well, Tim, I think that it is entirely possible that a 3-year old girl has enough self-consciousness, rationality, and life experience to function as a perfectly acceptable living goddess. Such a term of honor is reserved for young women that are absolutely perfect and that seem to have the physical capability to lead a life full of hardships and abstinence. I think she is extremely lucky, and, personally, envy her for having the pleasure of spending the entire night with rotting goat heads; a feat I have yet to accomplish myself.