Saturday, October 18, 2008

I read them for the articles

This morning, as I was wandering around my campus library, I happened to stumble upon the most recent issue of Esquire. Intrigued, mainly by the headline, I took it with me to a well lit corner and a comfortable chair, and opened it.

To about 30 pages of ads of men wearing suits, and about 5 pages of men in whitey-tighteys running on the beach. What? Is this a guy mag, or a gay mag?

If it wasn't for the several lucrative images following, I would have said the latter.

There's something to be said about these magazines. I miss the old Rolling Stone mags, the ones which were absolutely giant, and were wonderfully thick. These, while remaining normal sized, are still wonderfully thick, despite half the pages of men in either suits or whitey-tighteys. And the smell coming from these...it oozes, um, manliness. Does someone spray all of these with cologne and man perfume? As for the articles, most of them are either interviews of Obama, comedians, beautiful women, or shopping.

Wait...

what kind of "man" is so interested in shopping for whitey-tighteys, anyways?

No comments: